Fun Facts About Randy Meisner
Some completely random pieces of trivia
- Randy's middle name is Herman.
- Although Randy was a founding member of Poco, he quit before the first album was completed. He was replaced by Timothy B. Schmit who would later replace him in the Eagles as well.
- Before joining the Eagles, Randy was a member of Ricky Nelson's backing band called The Stone Canyon Band.
- Before hitting it big with the Eagles, Randy seriously considered giving up music for good and even left California to go back to Nebraska. He wound up returning, though, and the rest is history!
- Randy's song Take It to the Limit was the Eagles' first gold single.
- Even though Randy was no longer in the band in 1980, the version of Take It to the Limit on the Live album has him on lead vocal (it was recorded in 1976).
- Randy duetted with Heart's Ann Wilson on the song Strangers from One More Song.
- Randy's biggest solo hit was "Hearts on Fire," which reached #14 on the pop charts.
- A man was arrested for impersonating Randy in the nineties and beyond for free drinks in casino and the like. At one point, Randy himself was actually mistaken for the impersonator!